Soaring in STEAM (SIS) After-School Program at PHCSE!
Starting January 29, 2018
2501 Main Street, Penn Hills, PA, 15235
More than academics… a place to Learn. Develop. Have Fun. Succeed!
- Enhanced academic program for students in grades 6, 7, 8 (Monday through Friday immediately after school until 6:00 p.m.). All staff are college educated and have received clearances as required by state law.
- STEAM classes: Classes for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math curriculum utilizing creative approaches.
- Homework help: Instructors will be available to assist students with homework as needed.
- Arts programs including drumming, dance, and chorus.
- Transportation and snack provided
- NO Fee
SIS is an after-school academic enrichment program for 6th-8th grade students that offers academic support in the areas of Math and ELA, as well as builds support in the areas of character to help craft inspiring entrepreneurs. The program offers a learning environment that stimulates interest and participation from the students by allowing them to refresh and expand math, reading, and social skills in a creative educational environment three hours per day, five days per week, until June 7, 2018.
Focusing on academic, entrepreneurial, and social enrichment, as well as community service and recreation, the SIS Program provides participants with an educational and fun experience. Youth participate in reading and math activities on a daily basis, as well as activities to advance computer and arts skills. Students will also participate in experiential seminars provided by local agencies.
The hours of operation are January 29 – June 7, 2018, Monday through Friday from 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. The Program is FREE for all participants.